Monday, May 16, 2005

The Journey Continues

I think I now know how Sisyphus must have felt pushing that rock. I stand halfway through a tunnel. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. But damn, what a long tunnel! Dark for the most part with no place to stop and rest. A stiff breeze coming from the exit. I'm not alone and that is comforting. I'm also a seasoned veteran at this. I know my way around this stuff. It makes me think of my days of running track in high school and as an undergrad. I still have the discipline, but not sure of my stamina. That makes the journey more of a straight line. "It's not rocket science," I keep telling myself. I need to look to others. See how they managed this feat. Lord knows I've faced more difficult tasks. I just feel really old right now. I'm hoping if I hit the ground running it will go quicker than I think. I'll just take it like a drunk. (One day at a time)

No comments: