Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Work is supposed to be like play


So why is my employment more like purgatory? I'm really working on this and am open to suggestions. I saw something on Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood, entitled "THE GOOD LIFE."
Now no one wants to be told how to live and we have all heard of the rat race and maybe it's my age or the fact that I've worked since I was 13 years old. But the good people from CBS had some interesting points. No real suggestions but truly valid points about how hard we work and to what end? I'm feeling just a little dull-witted because I should be able to figure this one out by myself. I figure I'm about 5-7 years from retirement. I've a decent idea of what I'll do in retirement, but what about now? I'm tired, a bit burnt out and driven to but prevented from artisic pursuits. I feel like I'm 17 years into a 25 to life sentence. My most difficult commodity is time. Quality time with people. Not my cell mates, my soul mates, my contemporaries, my muses. Let's connect, hang, maybe make art together.

No comments: